W124 300TD respray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomghannon

Car
1992 W124 300TD, 2001 W210 E320CDI
Hi all,

Some pictures of my W124 300TD recently resprayed. Both front wings replaced and both rear quarters repaired.

Very happy with the quality of work.

I have a set of 8-hole alloys to put on the car, however I have just realised that the wheels studs required are longer than those on the 15-hole wheels currently on the car - could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for looking and enjoy.

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Thats a tidy looking 124 , its a credit to you . Its nice to see folks taking care of older cars over here , usually larger engined cars are scraped of abandoned .

Lovely looking 124. Well done.

I have sent member "franey" a PM on your behalf. He will sort you out with wheel bolts. Other good forum members are available too of course.

Not sure when franey will get back to you. I'm sure he will be along though. If anyone else can help tomghannon please feel free to jump in.

I have sent member "franey" a PM on your behalf. He will sort you out with wheel bolts.

Thanks for that trapperjohn, much appreciated

Let me know if you have trouble getting the bolts as I`ve a set
I also think that the ones you have look nice,why change?

Your 8 hole alloys are probably non genuine if they need different bolts to the 15 hole ones; genuine MB wheels use the same bolts.
Dont whatever you do put the bolts with the extended heads in - the heads have a tendency to snap and then it is a real pita to get the wheel off.
The 15 holes are the right ones for a 92 car - leave them on!

yes the wheel bolt ends are longer so they sit flush with the wheel, whereas the alloys you currently have on require the shorter headed bolts.

i have the opposite to yours at the moment - your style wheels with the larger bolts - they stick out. but they are just for the winter tyre wheels so just temporary until my 8 hole alloys can go back on.

looking nice!

yes the wheel bolt ends are longer so they sit flush with the wheel, whereas the alloys you currently have on require the shorter headed bolts.

i have the opposite to yours at the moment - your style wheels with the larger bolts - they stick out. but they are just for the winter tyre wheels so just temporary until my 8 hole alloys can go back on.

looking nice!

There are two easons the bolts are longer
1. MB produced the bolts with the extnded heads but have the same thread length - you should avoid using these as they snap - MB does not supply them any more. You should ditch yours at the earliest opportunity!
2. The non genuine wheels use a bolt with a longer thread length.
The same short headed bolts should be used for both the 8 hole and 15 hole MB wheels - the bolts will sit in the recess in the 8 hole versions.

Hi Tom,
I got a set set from Merc man if you look it up on net he is £10 for 4 new bolts,what yoy doin with the old alloys,let me know if you decide to sell them,

the car looks great,credit to you

Need to know the lengths etc, the extended ones I have are a heavy duty upgraded version and don't snap like the originals, thanks.
You can contact me on [email protected]

I bought the new bolts from Mercedes, they're 2 quid a bolt or so from memory.

Hi Tom,
I got a set set from Merc man if you look it up on net he is £10 for 4 new bolts,what yoy doin with the old alloys,let me know if you decide to sell them,

the car looks great,credit to you

Hi sl300, I will probably keep the old alloys as a spare set and stick a set of winter tyres on them for occasional use

Need to know the lengths etc, the extended ones I have are a heavy duty upgraded version and don't snap like the originals, thanks.
You can contact me on [email protected]

Thanks franey,

I will check the size required and Email you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom