W124 300te 4-Matic Grease points?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Does anybody have a diagram/picture of the underbody/drivetrain grease points on W124 300te 4-Matic please?

Also any pointers to any specific grease that can be used or should not be used.

Thank you.

Bruce

I don't think are any, at least not like properly old classics with grease nipples in handbrake cables and balljoints etc. MB even did away with grease points in door hinges, stuff from the w123 era had proper grease ports with a check ball to keep dirt out!

Maintenance/service history booklets usually list all the bits that are supposed to be checked/lubricated at each service and service manuals say what to lube them with for example door hinges, http://www.w124performance.com/service/w124CD1/Program/Maintenance/My81/7220.pdf but note the models it applies to. Service booklet for mine mentions door hinges every two years but only 126 models. Something like throttle linkage applies to all models and it mentions service sheet 3022 which is at the top of this page 30 Acceleration Control System - M103 Similar deal with bonnet hinges/catches, the booklet mentions 8821 which is near the top of this page 88 Body Panels and Bumpers

Underbody stuff is pretty much just inspection and going nuts with cavity wax, section 97 bottom of the index page Mercedes Benz Model 124 - M103 Maintenance Manuals Checking/clearing water drains is covered in section 88

Owners handbook should have a list of all the different fluid capacities somewhere near the back along with the MB spec, Mercedes-Benz Specifications for Operating Fluids: Overview Sheets can be used to translate the MB spec into part #/specific brands/what flavour of oil, coolant, grease etc meets the spec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom