W124 320e sticky throttle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
Now that the 320e is finally on the road I have been driving it around and noticed that the throttle seems very stiff compared to other cars I have driven.

I realise that some modern cars like my previous E55 are drive by wire and therefore not a great comparison but you have to press the pedal on mine quite hard.

Would I be right in thinking that this could be rectifed by lubricating the cable or would it be something to do with linkage?

Has anyone else suffered this problem? :)

Last edited:
does it seem jerky or just stiff?

W210 still had throttle cable, the potentiometer is by duovalve.

Disconnect cable both ends and try pushing and pulling it to see if it is the cable.

Lynall

you might find its the linkage, most of the early stuff has loads of linkages, which also include those for the automatic box control cable. I've seen them all greased up where the grease has hardened with the opposite effect as intended. Unclip the cable then see if the assembly is stiff. If not it'll be the cable. Anything been done recently in the vicinity of the cabling where it could have been nipped?

From ruski site w124 320ce/e320, looks similiar set up as w210, the fact the cable is so short would suggest that its also drive by wire set up, but as said by John could have lots more gubbins to play with.
B30015000030.0718.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom