W124 500E leather interior

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taegukman

Car
w124
Hi

I was just wondering how many W124s were supplied with 500E leather interiors. I am told it is very rare!

Only if you specced the car to come with sportline interior when ordering new so you wouldn't know how many

It was rare because it was incredibly expensive - I think a leather sportline interior was nearly £3k on a w124 saloon. For the estate it was slightly cheaper for the reason that you got the front sport seats only.

I'm very lucky that my TE was specced with the sportsine interia. At 3k did that include the boot seat?

I'm very lucky that my TE was specced with the sportsine interia. At 3k did that include the boot seat?

No - the TE Sportline option was slightly cheaper as only the front seats were sport upgrades due to the nature of the model (rear split seat was unchanged). The boot seats would have been yet another optional extra (I think it was nearly £1000 for a leather one).

It is astonishing how expensive the options were on Mercedes. If they were adjusted for inflation I would not be surprised if they were 50% more than equivalent options now. But then cars (not just Mercedes) were more expensive generally in the UK compared to the continent which I recall created a big fuss at the time. Then cars suddenly became better value including Mercedes who also became less stingy with the standard features.

No - the TE Sportline option was slightly cheaper as only the front seats were sport upgrades due to the nature of the model (rear split seat was unchanged).

I think you're mistaken here. The rear seats on an estate with sports seats / Sportline are stitched & shaped like the front seats

Nick Froome

I think you're mistaken here. The rear seats on an estate with sports seats / Sportline are stitched & shaped like the front seats

Nick Froome

Thanks - I stand corrected there - I have googled a pic and can see that they do have a sporty contour design compared to the standard rear seats. They just don't have the four seat individual treatment as per the saloon models

Mine has it, but the missus wants our second car to have more than 4 seats (and tow a caravan, which a sportline car can't) so I'm now looking for an ML.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom