W124 500SE, looks fairly decent, very local to me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks pretty clean, set of amber indicators and maybe sort the front wings out, nice cheap old car for someone :)

Will

Just being pedantic, but the car in question is a W126 not a W124.

What do these "do to the gallon"

No problem - we've all been there !!:D
If it goes for anything like that price someones got a real bargain. Even if the engine expires in a puff of smoke, it can be parted out. Wheels, interior, bosch euro spec headlamps (our friends in the US can't get enough of those lights since their ridiculous laws governing sealed beam light units were scrapped). I'm tempted, if only to use it as a spare parts bin.

To the gallon with mixed motoring a generation 2 W126 5 litre engine will average about 18mpg. Best I've ever got is 20, the worst 14 or 15.
Those are real world figures I've achieved over about 8k miles.

Bill, I had one exactly the same and it did about 18mpg average with normal driving.

On the motorway it was better.

Looks like the owner & one of his mates are bidding amongst themselves to push the price up.....Half a dozen bids in a row from the same bidder. Hmmmmm.....

After a few more dodgy bids, it looks like a genuine bid came in right at the end from eBayer "hireaprestigecar" securing this car for £755.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom