W124 alloy wheel bolts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smiley

MB Enthusiast
I have bought some original MB alloys - 15 hole ones to go on my 95 e300d estate. I also had some spare bolts that I thought would fit - they were fitted to a 96 e320 coupe with MB 8 hole alloys. They are the right thread size but the heads stick proud of the surface of the wheel when tightened. It looks like the depth of the bolt head is too big; can anyone advise me on the correct bolts pls.

btw I know my model should have the 8 hole alloys really...but it is an old car and these were good value and will look better than the steels.

Try Murray Systems. I got the correct bolts for my 8-hole alloys from them, sent overnight. Speak to them and they'll sort you out.

I was in the same position as you a few weeks back. Needed a set of original MB wheels bolts to fit my 124 300TE.

After trying to source a good set of used bolts (it's an old workhorse..), I couldn't find any.

In the end, I got a set of new MB wheel bolts from eBay for less than £20.

Worth checking out if you're on a budget, although the finish on the current new MB bolts isn't the best :)

Will

The bolts you have are the ones with the extended heads, total bolt length is circa 95mm.

Any bolt with a short/normal head with the following spec will work with original MB alloys on the w124 :

12mm diameter
Radial/ball seat
Thread 1.5
40mm shaft length (length from base of seat to end of threaded section)

regards
talbir

MB have stopped supplying those bolts with the extended heads

Apparently as they got older and got hammered with air guns just once too often too many of them were failing

Yep I dont like the extended bolts.... when they do fail the snap and how the heck do you get it undone then... no way of getting onto it as the recess is so deep....yep we've had the experience..

changed all the bolts on my 500E with ones from alloywheelsdirect.net

Fantastic thats what I love about this forum - instant knowledgeable and helpful advice.
Thanks everyone will get some new bolts on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom