w124 Amber front indicator's on 95>

Stick to original clear indicator lenses?

• Keep the original

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Keep the orange

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
I've been thinking about putting amber blinkers on the coupe for a while to break up the front end up a little. It also gives it some character i feel.

Ok so it is unusual to see a facelift coupe with pre-facelift CE blinkers but what the hell!

IMO with the Azurite blue with the orange works quite well. The wing indicators remain un touched in orange.

what do we think?

311011051.jpg

As much as I like amber,I would not do it on your coupe.The reason I did so on my estate is because the rear lights were amber instead of tinted

I love amber front indicators on pre-facelift w124. On facelift looks strange, but i still like it. Not old and yellow ones, but new and more dark amber.
6398-6.jpg

vs
Art5014190e.jpg

I took the ambers off my old 230e and replaced with the crystal one so it looked a bit more modern, but I've kept the ambers on this one. I think it looks retro and different to most other cars on the road. I've learned to like them.

I think you should do what you think looks the best though, you've got to look at it every day.

How about best of both worlds US spec indicators :

mata.jpg

keep with the clear indicators (and retrofit W202 side ones) IMO. Side ones new from dealer are ~£15 for the pair.

Thanks guys,

the w202 are different shape arent they?

I prefer clear for both front and side repeaters. The amber ones in either location look very dated imho

For side repeaters, w140 versions are identical shape and fitment but clear.

the ones i got were identical to W124 but clear and carry a 202 part number.

A2028201621 (x2) - clear side indicator lense

spd_2009081110458_b.jpg

:doh: I thought you were talking about the headlight side repraters. Not the wing repeaters.

I put GSF ambers on mine but one of them fell off. Its probably still beside a kerb somewhere in Chessington or Kingston. Feel free to take if you see it. :)

Imo it would look good with the US spec corners and clear side repeaters. With the car being a dark color have you considered smoked side repeaters so they blend with the paint and tail lights.

Imo it would look good with the US spec corners and clear side repeaters. With the car being a dark color have you considered smoked side repeaters so they blend with the paint and tail lights.

Agreed and plus you could wire up the US spec lights too. Full amber corners just looked dated on a facelift in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom