w124 are these two faults connected?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The G.F.P

MB Enthusiast
1994 w124 e320 coupe

headlamp wash wipers dont wipe (they squirt but neither arms move

&

heater blows luke warm all the time (if on cold or hot temp is always the same)

could they be linked?

thanks for any help

You seem to have 2 problems here.

The wipers may have seized. They are different part numbers for left and right, be careful when obtaining replacement ones.

The heating problem could well be the duo valves. Remove the plug from the center of them and read a voltage (ignition on). If you get a reading then the fuse (No 8 if memory serves me right) is ok and the valves need a little fettling. A tap with a hammer sometimes frees them off. Other than that replacement ones from a breakers will not break the bank.

thanks for the help

a bloke came to buy mine at the weekend but as them 2 things were not working and the rear window is a tiny bit opaque he said no!

thanks for the help

a bloke came to buy mine at the weekend but as them 2 things were not working and the rear window is a tiny bit opaque he said no!

Wow, thats pretty high expectations, he can't have wanted it much!

As mentioned try tapping the duovalve while its on, might just be a bit tight inside, if it needs cleaning just mind out for the fiddly bits. Does it buzz when the ignition is on and the heater controls up?

Wipers could be electrical or mechanical - check for Voltage and see if the arms are seized

cheers, balge

he was a very nice bloke but he spent 2 hours writing down every little thing that was wrong

i asked if he had seen many and he said yes lots from brighton to me in cambs

he said he needed to get a quote to replace the rear window as it had a bit of opaque'ness and i said that will cost £250 ish and is it worth it

i did point out that its a 16 year old car in very good condition but he said it must be perfect!

i said he can have it for £3k and that is cheaper than almost any other similar one with such nice leather & with new wings but he said he would get back to me!

anyway thanks for the pointers and im off to get the big hammer to beat the valve to within an inch of its life !

New 124 coupe screen is big money for a genuine one. £600 IIRC.

That's why a lot of them get vandalised when they go milky. ;)

my mate is probably the best window fitter on earth and even he could only get it for £500

i get all my windows for nothing (a cough, a wink and loose the excess and all that)

my mate is probably the best window fitter on earth and even he could only get it for £500

i get all my windows for nothing (a cough, a wink and loose the excess and all that)

hey can you do me a favour? Ask him about taking out the rear side windows on an estate?
Need to get them out to do some rust treatment asap!
Would a mobile windsceen fitter be up for taking some out for my so I can fix the rust up and then pop 'em back in another time - and what sort of money?
I found this - BenzObsession.com • View topic - w123 300TD Quarter Window Removal (w/pics)
Is it actually DIY?

cheers!

he has moved from cambridge to preston (dont ask) so i dont see him any more even though he is my daughters god father (nice)

but he is seriously good and did the window mech on my w124 coupe in under 45 mins once

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom