W124 automatic gearbox prob

Discussion in 'Engine' started by karakan08, Nov 22, 2008.

1. karakan08

karakan08 Member

Car:
    W124 E 220 Convertible
    Hi folks,

Yesterday evening I was driving my Merc home from the pub. I stopped at the lights and the moment I had to pull up the car stuttert, not actually the car but it seemed like the rear right wheel :s
    I have checked everything today at that wheel and the other one but didn't saw anything wrong. I also checked the oil in the gearbox but that was fine.
    The stuttering stops when I stop giving gas in first gear, and just push it very very gently until it jumps to second then I can push the pedal back in without any probs...:confused:

2. Smiley

Smiley Hardcore MB Enthusiast

It sounds more like a misfiring problem than a gearbox problem. Does it do it all the time hot and cold? Any other symptoms like an uneven idle speed or poor starting?

3. OP
    OP
    karakan08

karakan08 Member

Car:
    W124 E 220 Convertible
    the starting is good - when its cold it doens't do that so much but the rev is much higher than it's warmer as I am driving in "E"
    how to know there is a noticeble uneven idle? because I didn't noticed anything
    sounds like an idiot question but it's the first time I'm driving a petrol car because i'm used to drive a diesel...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  4. OP
    OP
    karakan08

karakan08 Member

Car:
    W124 E 220 Convertible
    I have read somewhere on the net that it probarly coil packs or something;
    doens't anybody have any experience with this?