W124 Black Recaro interior

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a full Sportline/500E interior. Looks like a bargain!!
Edit...
Just read it again...
ON HOLIDAY 24/10/04 TILL THE 01/05/04
On holiday or in prison for nicking a Sportline Mercedes?? :rolleyes:
Also it's from a saloon but he thinks it'll fit the coupe! Well, I guess it will but you would then never be able to get into the back seats.

Last edited:
janner said:
That's a full Sportline/500E interior. Looks like a bargain!!
Edit...
Just read it again...
On holiday or in prison for nicking a Sportline Mercedes?? :rolleyes:
Also it's from a saloon but he thinks it'll fit the coupe! Well, I guess it will but you would then never be able to get into the back seats.

I was wondering about that too. are you sure it won't fit ?

Cause they look like the sports seats with the wood centre section in the back?

What I meant was the saloon front seats don't fold forwards.
Here's a pic of my last car with similar seats.
backseats.jpg

Might be able to take the seats apart down to the frames and swap for coupe fitment, the seats certainly *look* very similar, and I bet the cushions etc are exactly the same.

Might be able to take the seats apart down to the frames and swap
Yeh, I think that would work but I think the reason MB didn't fit these seats to the coupe is the large bolsters limit the amount of tilt (if you see what I mean). You would also then have to find black rear cards etc unless it's already black.
Anyone who has a saloon though, should seriously consider these at this price. I had my sportline for 2 years, the seats were fantastic. :D

Well if it makes it easier for someone... if you just want the seats and not the wood, I'll buy the wood pieces from the set which should bring the price even cheaper for you...

Best thing is to declare your interest in this thread though rather than end up by frantically bidding against other forum members.

hmmmm, I'm certainly interested in the lot, but it's all a question of the final price.....

just looking at the pic, it seems it turns the rear 3 seater bench into 2 seats, is this right?

Last edited:
All W124's have recaro seats...even a 1985 200 carb model...
Who knew that? ;)
And yes, the seat parts are interchangeable, but the front spring backrest will be the hard one, because the springs give it that shape, not just the removeable padding...Means you have to actually take the springs and fit them to your frame...

All do-able though. And that box in the centre...that is identical to a coupe one...

Ricky

it seems it turns the rear 3 seater bench into 2 seats, is this right?
Yes, you end up with a four seater.
Go for it, those seats are great.!

If the price is right, I'll have them. We'll just have to wait and see what it ends up as.... eBay is a fickle beast.....
If I get them, I'm not sure I'd want to wood so may take you up on your offer Sp!ke :)

DriftworksJames said:
If the price is right, I'll have them. We'll just have to wait and see what it ends up as.... eBay is a fickle beast.....
If I get them, I'm not sure I'd want to wood so may take you up on your offer Sp!ke :)
Sorry I'am bidding too.

LOL

Perhaps you three should have a little private auction in here first (declare your maximum) so as not to drive the price up too high :eek:

I'll pass this up guys. It's quite a treck for me and I would only have been interested if it was going super cheap. I'll leave it to you guys, happy bidding :)

pepper&boulou said:
Sorry I'am bidding too.
:bannana: Hooray won it, but it was a close thing, well that's my christmas pressie to myself sorted out. :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: guess I'am going to be busy dismantling and reasembling my car, may need advice and tips so thanks guys in advance.can't wait to see how it looks, goodbye green taxi leather.

Last edited:
Well done mate.... bidding looked furious towards the end. :bannana:

I've done this before and found it pretty straight forward to do so if you get stuck, just fire away. I estimate about 4 hours if you havnt done it before - depending on how far you are gonna go.

What are you going to do with your green bits... I assume you have a green dash, centre console, carpets and other interior trim? I suppose you could spray the plastic trim black, but the carpets might be a little tricky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom