W124 boot lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gazzaw

Car
W124 estate
Hi all
only had my 1996 w124 for 2 days and the boot won’t open. It’s not locked button goes in and out sprayed wd40 on still won’t open. Any ideas please?
Regards
Gary.

If the key has been turned 90 degrees to the right in the boot lock and then back to the centre position this takes the boot lock out of the central locking and it will not open. Try turning the key fully 90 degrees to the left and this should reactivate it. Hopefully this will help. There may of course be a fault somewhere but this may solve the issue

If you heard it click to release it may just be a really sticky seal holding the lid down. Give it a really hard tug. Most likely the key position though.

Thanks for you help. Managed to open from the inside and now button works fine. Think it may have been a sticky lock. The central locking doesn’t work at the moment that’s the next job

You will need a vacuum testing tool cheap enough on Ebay . Then a way to test the vacuum system . I did find all my information of the web .

You will need a vacuum testing tool cheap enough on Ebay . Then a way to test the vacuum system . I did find all my information of the web .
Thanks for the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom