W124 Bootmod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
I decided to update the rear of my W124 to compliment my colour coded bumpers.

So I ordered the rear filler panel, and associated fixings, had it sprayed and this weekend, bolted it in place. This is supposed to be a part for the 1994 facelift Coupe models but the part will fit directly on saloon models also.

It's a subtle change but it does tidy the back end a bit I think.

Original
image001.jpg

New surround
image003.jpg

Last edited:
Sp!ke do you by any chance happen to have the part number and price for that, It would set off my 260E a treat.

Ian

Didn't I say it would look good Sp!ke? :D

I always thought it was so lazy of MB to totally change the rear of the saloon w124 at facelift but to just add a piece of plastic to the coupé, it does however make facelifting a coupé very cheap :) .

Glad you all like it.... I certainly do :bannana:

There are three parts to the Mod.

The filler panel itself isn't cheap at £83 +Vat A124 758 0346

Next there is a replacement metal strip which replaces the one at the bottom of the bootlid. This part # I cant seem to find at the moment but if you look up tha above part number on the fische, it will be obvious which one it is. Cost is £15 (I'll try and dig the number out anyway)

The last bit is some clips (6 off) Part # A000994 40 60 Price = peanuts.

The spraying cost me £40 so all in, it was about £150 Inc.

It's looking good.

Just the bonnet and grill to go and it will be truly timeless.

Dieselman said:
It's looking good.

Just the bonnet and grill to go and it will be truly timeless.

I must say that for a timeless classic one has to remain original. In decades to come, people will be asking how to restore the car back to its original condition. Just don't throw the old bonnet away, and keep a full set of unpainted black plastic bumper inserts.

It might look good today, but tomorrow........?

nice job chap rekon that colour coding sets off the bodywork a treat, nice touch. well done :)

Noob's Question

The rear boot filler panel you've just facelifted; where are the screws/fastenings to re/move it?

My panel is misaligned so that you can get a finger in between it and the driver's side rear light cluster and barely a gnat's **** between the panel and the passenger's side rear light cluster :)

Cheers for any guidance.

W12401.jpg

It looks gorgeous.... what's the colour? Is it malachite?

Must say it does look more modern, well done, nice job. The more I see w124 coupes, the more I want one.

Looks real fantastic, good job aswell you should facelift the front also if already aint done so

gurpz said:
Looks real fantastic, good job aswell you should facelift the front also if already aint done so

Sp!ke has an extremely good (and HUGELY enviable) reason for not facelifting his front end...

Check out his avatar:cool:

PJ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom