W124 Bosch Spark plug gap - 0.8mm? - Also Air filter pipe..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crammy69

Car
2001 W210 E55 AMG,2010 Fiat 500 1.2,2002 Triumph America,LML Star 125 DLX,1984 C70,2011 Thruxton
Bought some bosch spark plugs from GSF and looked in the Haynes and it mentions 0.8mm gap for Champion plugs (all engines), is this the same for Bosch? Probably a silly question but this maintenace lark is all new to me!

Also I have just changed my first air filter for a Bosch one and noted that the old one had a white pipe about 4 inches long between the breather pipe and the filter, the new Bosch filter seemed to have a shorter black one built in, I have left the white one off as the new one seems to do the job, but would like to be sure...it the design likely to have changed?

Cheers
Simon

Same spark plug gap will be fine for the bosch plugs. As far as "pipes" are concerned if the plumbing is the same- e.g the piping connects the same bits together and no built in one valves or anything you should be fine.

Thanks for that!. well the new bosch ones fitted no problem, and they were already gapped at 0.8mm anyway, so no need to fuss around.

Cheers
Simon

Thats right, my father in law said that, but I wanted to check they were right before I put them in just in case.

BTW, am I right in thinking that W124's take the Green anit-freeze, just checked mine ( taste test and Hydrometer ) and its almost pure water!. I've bought the green stuff from the motor factors on the way home (£18!!) so hope its Ok!!

Cheers
Simon

Anti freeze has to have the correct inhibitors to prevent corrosion. I always use the pukka MB stuff at 50/50 but other folks on here swear by the appropriate Comma Products. So if your "green stuff" meets MB recommended spec should be OK.

I hope so! the fella at the motor factor looked up my reg on his computer and said it was the green one, still I spose its better than whats in there now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom