w124 brake light switch question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB-tex

Car
1996 E280 estate.
Hi All
switch.jpg
1996 M104 E280 estate.

I just fitted a new indicator stalk to replace the increasingly flaccid original and while reinstalling all the trim above the foot pedals I noticed a broken wire. It has become detached from one of the two connectors that attach to the brake light switch. The brake lights work fine so I am wondering if the detached wire is something to do with the cruise control (that has been busted for some time now). Take a look at the picture - the connection (plug removed) is arrowed. Will reattaching that wire magically make my cruise work again?? I am also wondering how easy it will be to rewire the connector and if I will be able figure out which wire is which as the wires seem to have broken off flush with the connector. Any advice gladly accepted.
Car now up to 240,000 miles and going fine but would like my cruise back...

Happy christmas y'all

Tom

I would think this brake switch plays a part in your cruise control operation .And as its not conected you need to replace the broken wire .

Thanks Graeme

Nice diagram. Even tells you where the parts are located! The diagram seems to show the brake pedal switch having 3 connections which is confusing. All makes sense though. I will get around to re-connecting that wire and see what happens.

Happy Christmas

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom