W124 Brittle loom.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robbarr88

Car
W124 e200 Saloon.
Hi Guys.

Just wondered if someone could reccomend someone who did reconditioned or new looms for a

1994 W124 e220 engine loom 4 cylinder.

Unfortunately mines suffered from the dreaded brittle loom and think its beyond repair, any links or advice as to were i can find one would be great.

Cheers

To buy one from new the dealers price would be £700 thats if they have any ,but i dont know of it still avaliable .
Or just get a few more posts in and then put a wanted advert on the forum ..I will see if these is anyone breaking one on the forum . Rob what engine is in your E220 ?

Silec who are motorsport wirers??? do then for less than a dealer

Hi Guys.

Just wondered if someone could reccomend someone who did reconditioned or new looms for a

1994 W124 e220 engine loom 4 cylinder.

Unfortunately mines suffered from the dreaded brittle loom and think its beyond repair, any links or advice as to were i can find one would be great.

Cheers
You will have the M111 engine-its shared with the later W202 models BUT IT CAN HAVE A DIFFERENT ENGINE LOOM depending on ignition coil and ECU differences. its where the second set of 3 engine nos becomes important
e.g. M111.960 most rebuilders like to see your old loom in front of them to replicate it exactly.

https://www.simtekuk.co.uk/index.php/reliable_well_designed_wiring_harnesses_for_cars/?k=:29::

Last edited:
I would get a second hand loom to fit your car .Then pull off the conectorson pld loom and replace with the one on the new loom It as been done may be a member will chip in with more information .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom