W124 bumper insert end fixing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

holtons

Car
AMG C63
I am replacing the Front bumper insert moulding on a 1995 W124. There are two screws at each end that screw through the main bumper into posts on the insert moulding. There are small metal clips on the top of these posts - see photo. I need to replace a couple of these clips after the originals broke on removal. Does anybody know if this is a genetic part as I’ve never seen anything like it before and where you can get them?

F3DB1FB3-48E9-49CB-9725-5EFB6BF73842.jpeg

I managed to find a parts list to identify the original item. It is part A0009843125, described as a threaded chuck. Here is a close up photo of it. Anybody go a few spare they'd like to sell? I urgently need two but would ideally like to replace all four.

A0009843125.jpg

Last edited:
I searched a few nut fixing makers with a negative .It the sort of part they fit on the end of tubes to take a bolt or screew . If your bumper insert is poor then i would think about buying a new bumper insert thats if those bits come with it Ask in the wanted section on the forum = old bummper insert wanted .

I searched a few nut fixing makers with a negative .It the sort of part they fit on the end of tubes to take a bolt or screew . If your bumper insert is poor then i would think about buying a new bumper insert thats if those bits come with it Ask in the wanted section on the forum = old bummper insert wanted .

It's a new, non OEM, bumper insert I'm fitting on the original bumper. Unfortunately it didn't come with the metal bits I need. I also did a search to find something similar but no joy.

Try this mercedes- benznutmutter A 0009843125 They have them but looks like Russian web site . need a translator to read page /

Much appreciated. I contacted one of the suppliers, avd-parts.ru, that comes up the Russian list. Interesting experience sending them an enquiry on their contact page using google translate! In theory, they sell them in packs of six. Let's see what happens.

I have found that dealers often say a part is NLA when you describe it but it then suddenly becomes available when you give a part number!

Have you searched international on eBay? I have bought cladding clips from east Europe a few times

I posted a wanted on the forum we will see if anyone would have an old bummper on the shelf that he would let you have these bit off . what ever they are called ,.Any oone know the right mame for them searching is nill with out a name of the part wanted.

Update! I tried two of the Russian companies who are listing this item on various web sites but they didn’t have stock and, when they checked with Mercedes, it is discontinued as we know.

Anyway, I found a damaged bumper on eBay and bought it for £10. Collected it yesterday and plan to extract the parts tomorrow. Tbh, this is not a good design. The flange head screw heads rust badly making them impossible to get out with a screwdriver especially when they are rust bonded to the special ‘nut’ I’m trying to retrieve. I’ve given them a good soaking with WD40 and hope they free up.

I have found that dealers often say a part is NLA when you describe it but it then suddenly becomes available when you give a part number!

Have you searched international on eBay? I have bought cladding clips from east Europe a few times
I gave my dealer the part number. It has definitely been discontinued.

I posted a wanted on the forum we will see if anyone would have an old bummper on the shelf that he would let you have these bit off . what ever they are called ,.Any oone know the right mame for them searching is nill with out a name of the part wanted.
Much appreciate your help. Please see my update post.

holtons Drill the screws out ,,or get a blow torch on the old bummper and burn them out .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom