W124 bumper without plate recess?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J-Scho

Car
300TE (W124)
Is there such a thing as a front bumper with no number plate recess for the W124? I don't mean an aftermarket piece or a bodykit or anything, just a genuine standard front bumper without the plate recess. Perhaps a part for US-spec or Japanese-spec models?

I know such a thing exists for certain VW Passat models. Known as a Jap-spec bumper insert, it simply replaces the original bump strip but is smooth right the way across with no provision for a plate.

I just wondered if there was an equivalent for the W124!

Is there such a thing as a front bumper with no number plate recess for the W124? I don't mean an aftermarket piece or a bodykit or anything, just a genuine standard front bumper without the plate recess. Perhaps a part for US-spec or Japanese-spec models?

I know such a thing exists for certain VW Passat models. Known as a Jap-spec bumper insert, it simply replaces the original bump strip but is smooth right the way across with no provision for a plate.

I just wondered if there was an equivalent for the W124!

probably in the US:

imagine the bumper without the number plate - looks like just a clip on bit of trim that goes between the exisiting bumper mouldings on the left and right?

Mercedes-Benz-W124.jpg

Thre is an insert availble that fills the space, original MB part numbered as
well !

Works in certain States in the US as no front license plate required, but in the UK, it's law to have it.

talbir

Ah, better still! A piece that fills the space instead of a whole new bumper!

Thanks chaps, I'll see if I can find a part number. I know the number plate is required over here, but I was thinking of relocating it lower down. I'll have a play about with it and see how it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom