W124 Buying Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arthur Daley

Hi guys going to look at a W124 300 CE tomorrow to use as a daily driver when I lay my W126 up for winter.

Just wondering if there are any tips you have, what to look for etc. Apparently wiring looms are a common fault? :)

The early engines don't have the loom problem so you're safe with 300ce
Is it a 24 or 12v one you're looking?Also check the jacking points for rust

Hi There...........its a H registration car....top spec and lots of electrical gadgets although I am assured all working correctly. Not sure whether 24v or not. What sort of price should I be looking at? Car is immaculate with no rust apparently.

Cheers

in my opinion the 24V is the best engine.

i'm sure members would agree,

I'm going to be Mystic meg here and guess you are punting on this:

Mercedes : Mercedes Benz CE300 Pillarless Coupe. Huge Spec. Best in the country?

If so the above is not a 24V. Brilliant spec however, I would personally pay the asking price he wants if it was a 24v. Although the colour would pay a big factor. Even with all the toys it has, I think its quite pricey still??

Last edited:
Ha Ha Yes it's that one!! Agreed it's one of the most expensive ones out there but will see what it's like in the flesh! Cheers.

And I suppose with a forum name like mine everything is up for negotiation/haggle/barter!!

And I suppose with a forum name like mine everything is up for negotiation/haggle/barter!!

Indeed Arthur!

or..you could be Terry Tibbs and give him 1750!

on a serious note, that car has been on there for months, is there a reason why its not selling?

somthing to consider. let us know how you get on with it.

If its as good as implied then in my opinion its not over the top for price.

That is a nice car and I think the only reason is still for sale is the colour
Though I like white not many people do

Arthur:Have you considered my one?

i do think white is in at the moment, has been for a little while, but on the older generation cars not sure it goes to well?

you could be right dash.

Aurthur do you like the colour?

Don't normally like white but I think it makes the car look quite good. The red one for sale looks a cracking motor as well. If this one doesn't come off will be in touch mate. I like the sound of orthapaedic seats as I have a dodgy back. Is there a lot of headroom/legroom in these cars and does the sungroof make for less headroom?

Personally I like the white but only with a dark interior - black, navy or dark red

Is there a lot of headroom/legroom in these cars and does the sunroof make for less headroom?

i would say so, room wise. Will be a struggle for rear driver side passengers if you have your seat right back though. The sunroof doesnt alter the hight of the roof. There is plenty of head room.

Unless you are very tall there is plenty of head and leg room with the sunroof. The standard seats are really comfortable so can only assume the orthopaedic ones are even better.
Dont worry about mileage. Condition and history are the most important factors. With correct maintenance they will go on for years.

in my opinion the 24V is the best engine.

i'm sure members would agree,

I'm going to be Mystic meg here and guess you are punting on this:

Mercedes : Mercedes Benz CE300 Pillarless Coupe. Huge Spec. Best in the country?

If so the above is not a 24V. Brilliant spec however, I would personally pay the asking price he wants if it was a 24v. Although the colour would pay a big factor. Even with all the toys it has, I think its quite pricey still??

That looks like a cracking car!! I'd almost kill for those seats, even the rest of the car looks just like what a deserning C124 owner would be looking for, unless they wanted a later model one, in which case they'd have to go a long way and wait a long time to find a nicer one than Dash's to be honest........

All sorted now with a saloon. The white one was nice but I found headroom to be tight. So the W126 now gets a rest for the winter and some tlc for next years show season!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom