W124 c124 inner wing repair help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

has7412

Car
w124 coupe
Hi I have been a member for a while but a newbie posting. I need some help on the dreaded inner wing repair. I'd like to see some images of repaired ones so I have an idea of how to fabricate the panels. Also can I get jacking point panels for my 1995 c124 as it has a grove compared to others I have seen... Having issues posting pics up at the moment.

Sorry can't help you there-no experience- at least they are GERMAN- just make sure this is the part you need?
try google maps for
Taflan GmbH Karosserie- & Lackierzentrum
Waterstroate 26 | 48231 Warendorf
Germany

Last edited:
Worth trying them on the cheap €54 part if that's a part you need. If all goes well, get other bits. I've done that with a number of suppliers, especially if they are claiming to supply genuine MB parts.

Good hunting.

RayH

I would visit a breakers yard and ask the chap to cut out the section you need . I am a owner of a W124,and i find places like this one where water runs down the back .And as the part is bolted to the body ,,it will go rusty .Another place is the bummper mounting inner front wings.Also at the back of the brake booster mounting .As for the repair plates for the jacking ponts it is a take whats availiable at the time ,and i only know one company that makes these and he to is in Germany .They do ship and i have had a few parts from Germany and Spain in the last 6 months .

I would visit a breakers yard and ask the chap to cut out the section you need . I am a owner of a W124,and i find places like this one where water runs down the back .And as the part is bolted to the body ,,it will go rusty .Another place is the bummper mounting inner front wings.Also at the back of the brake booster mounting .As for the repair plates for the jacking ponts it is a take whats availiable at the time ,and i only know one company that makes these and he to is in Germany .They do ship and i have had a few parts from Germany and Spain in the last 6 months .
Thanks for the advise... The problem is here in Yorkshire there's not many w124 breakers.

Has7412 show us a picture of the area you need to repair .I am thinking if its not to large , you could make a plate youself and pop rivit it on .This area is not load bearing area .Or get a local mobile welder to weld it in to place for you.

5wWwqQSfcWS8HwVQ7

Hopefully you can see the image

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom