W124 cab "dome" (interior) light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CRJ343

Car
E220 Cabriolet
The "dome" lights above the windscreen in my E220 W124 cab have stopped working with the door switches. The exit lights (under the doors) are OK and the dome lights can be switched on and off with the switches on the dome light unit.
The seat belt presenters work OK
I've looked a the "Mitchell" wiring diagram and can't work out what feeds this circuit.
Can anybody offer any advice ?

Rgds
Chris - London

I had the same problem on my 129. I replaced the light switch in the dome light assembly and lo and behold it all worked perfectly again. It was relatively easy to dismantle the trim and swap the switch for a good one.

Thanks - What is the best way to replace the switch ? Do I need to unsolder the connections or does the switch "come apart" ?
Were you able to buy another switch or did you just get one from a donor car ?

Remove the sun visor by yanking it out of its holder, remove the screws in the hole left by the mirror and follow your nose in from there. There are some fiddly bits when you need to unplug the electrics, just take your time have a mag glass standing by and a strong light.

I had another switch lying around (I had actually bought used a complete dome light assembly but came across a forum post somewhere which pointed me to the switch). They are not very expensive at the dealer and are quite widely available on Ebay. You have to remove the dome light to get at it but once that is done, the switch is simply clipped in place and connected the loom on the usual readily disconnected plug socket.

Thanks gentlemen ! It was the switch but I solved it by dousing it in switch cleaner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom