W124 Cab Roof Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But your controller worked well once it was reinstalled in yours...??

The "window up" part of the sequence uses a lot of current.

So Andys hood has the exact same problem/issue as yours?

Presumebly, he hasnt tested his car upon arrival to yours to see if his has been working recently?

Some coincidence, if i have kept up with events correctly...

Only a little confusion :crazy:

Shamir very, very kindly let me put my controller in his working car. It nearly worked the first time, but exhibited the same symptoms as it does in mine afterwards. Once we'd tested my controller, we put his back in and his roof worked correctly.
Although it's an expensive pain to fix at least I now know what the problem is.
I've opened the controller up to see if there is anything obvious ( which there isn't), but I don't have access to a stereo microscope or similar to inspect all of the joints. I've only looked through a magnifying glass and can't see anything untoward.
Attached are what the inside of the controller looks like.

Andy

Attachments

• Controller1.JPG
    Controller1.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Controller2.JPG
    Controller2.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Controller3.JPG
    Controller3.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 20
£616 plus vat. :eek:

it can be repaired but still cost £300 i believe

£425 at BBA Reman

See if you can zero in on the "hood bow stowed correctly" part Andy, if it is possible to find that part of the PCB you may try a re-solder. Dry joints don't always look obvious - and I guess you have nothing to loose by trying at least...

Sorry for any confusion.

Does the code tester show "no fault" whilst the lid is stuck?

Also once the lid is stuck up, do you have to switch the car off and on before it will close the roof?

Regards.

Last edited:
under the passenger footwell is a seperate roof 2 pin test connector for the roof (you need to supply your own 12v for the tester)

it does sound like the controller is not getting the correct signal.

OP: if your in London your welcome to try swapping controllers with me.
Hi. This is a old post but I am having a problem with my w124 roof. After changing the battery the roof is not going down. The roof button flashes and then beeps when trying to fold down. Can someone please recommend a solution. Could it be it needs a 100 amp battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom