W124 cabrio battery - what is largest size i can fit - HELP PLEASE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
hello folks.. its been a while..

hope all is well with everyone :)

so.. 124 cabrio advice please

my battery at present is dying.. :(

its a 680cca 74ah

anyway, i want this changed and i want a bigger cca output..

whats the biggest battery available to fit in the cabrio battery space please?

my dimensions at present are 27cm wide x 19cm tall x 17cm deep..

look fwd to your replies

in mean time, 4 of my most recent pics :)

124a.JPG

124b.JPG

124c.JPG

124d.JPG

battery

Hi i have the 260 e m103 engine and i have just changed mine to 63 A/H it was a 62 A/H i removed. The workshop manual said that the 2.6 is - 62 A/H Dont know the size of your battery .What size engine do you have in your car?.

Thanks Transformer.. mines a 320ce

but the roof takes up huge amounts of power, and at present i have 74aH and 680cca, but i would love a bigger battery in there within the same dimensions of 27 x 19 x 17

Although my cab is linked to a battery conditioner 24/7, when I take her out of the garage to drop the soft-top, I always have the engine running at about 1000 revs. This is not something that I have read but I feel it is being kind to my battery.

A Din 66 is the only battery here in NZL at least that I can get for the cabbies except the Genuine unit from MB. An Endurant [Bosch I think] Din 66 battery sold here is a little less grunty than the MB-Genuine unit, but I have found it appears to be more than sufficient most of the time. MB are pretty good pricewise Boss so if you want the largest capacity battery possibly this is an MB-Genuine unit.

Incidentally my five speed tranny slipped into top gear sooner and better with a new battery and the hood goes up and down quite a bit quicker, even with the engine running.

There is a bigger battery tray available but the big battery & tray are a very tight fit

I'd go to a battery shop with the measurements of the battery tray

Nick Froome

You should be able to source a battery with a better COLD CRANKING FIGURE and AMP HOURS from VARTA.
e.g.
SILVER DYNAMIC AGM 570901076 CCA 760 70aH same dimensions as you have at present

Designed for stop/start applications should handle anything you can throw at it. price around £130 :dk:

http://www.varta-automotive.com/en-...ufacturerNo=74&modellineNo=3907&modeltype=818

get the bigger tray and you can get either of the other two listed -- the blue dynamic will be cheaper!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom