W124 Cabrio Interior Light Cluster

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Polak, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Polak

Polak Member

Car:
    2009 CLK320 CDi
    I searched high and low but can't find a "How To" for the removal of the Interior Light Cluster that is fitted to the top of the Windscreen on my W124 E320 Cabrio !!!

I found same Q from back in 2008 but no one answered then so maybe someone knows how to get at the bulbs and the switches in this cluster.

2. WDB124066

WDB124066 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
    The bulbs can be got at by removing the lenses, use a knife edge to pry the edge of the lens noting how it moves then change position of the knife to the edge that appears to be un hinged, I think from memory the trailing edge closest to the rear but don't quote me on that.

To remove the unit to get to the switches, hold the RV mirror firmly and yank it out of its holder. It is spring loaded and will snap out. There are three screws in the cavity of the mirror base, the rest you will see as you go. Be very careful removing the switches it is a delicate job with tiny little plugs to be removed to gain access. Be very patient, take your time because a lot of this is NLA from MB. The switches are however - same as R129.

1 person likes this.
  3. musotechy

musotechy New Member

Car:
    Mercedes CLK 230 Komp
  4. WDB124066

WDB124066 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
    Totally different.