w124 cabrio - replacing rubber outer seal on rear window

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
anyone have an idea of whats involved on replacing the outer rubber seal, under the metal beading, on the rear cabrio window?

any advice appreciated!

if im gonna ensure this leak never happens again, i might aswell address the external seal, incase it has been compromised in any way!!

I too am interested in the process of replacing the rear window seals on my car.

I have been told when I asked about the water disappearing into the gap between the window and the seal, “that water is supposed to run down through the window void and then vent out behind the lower outer cladding panel”.:eek:

I would rather stop as much of the water as possible from entering the car in the first place, so will be watching this thread (where is the correct section if not in bodywork):confused: with much interest.

Regards. R

Do they look damaged? Otherwise you may just be disturbing a good part on the car..

From memory you just have to prise the outer moulding off and the seal is held in with clips... You will also have to remove the covers at the seat belt extender as the seal is screwed in there...

sorted now.

i have replaced it, as i just want to ensure that all eventualities are covered!

Jay is is possible to give you a quick call about something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom