W124 cabrio resto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DancSL450

Car
2008 C220 1977 SL 450 AND BITS OF 1994 W124 CABRIO
W124 Cabrio update
Hi thanks for the replies=

Last weekend I managed to get the roof open by disconnecting the roll bar control unit and the roof works

Does anyone know anything about the roll bar :confused:, rear headrest stuck up now wont go down and roof doesnt work when you connect it. Car jacked up so is it the sensors on the wheels making it inactive?

Have got an electrician stripping out the wiring so thats going to cost
doh.gif

Does anyone know of a good independant who may be able to fix stuff in Kent area?

Will try to take some photos the weekend if it ever stops raining ....

Hello Dan,

I think the car jacked up is the cause , the vehicle thinks the wheels have come off the ground.

have you checked the fuse for the tombstones , its in a separate black case located in the area near the fusebox.

regards
Boomtings.

Last edited:
to reset press the up button 8 seconds and the immediately the down for 30 seconds, welcome if u need help shout!

duplicate of following post.

Last edited:
E220 cabrio resto

Thank you all for your input,

Will reset the roll bar sensors when I get the car back on the road and see what happens, need to get the brake discs and calipers back on and have sent the front wings and body lower skirts away for a paint freshen up.

As the car has been hiding under a sheet for the last 18 months I have given the rest of the paintwork a well needed compound and interior clean up, ready for the return of the other bits....car is looking good now :cool:

Electrician traced back wires and repaired the loom so everything works now, also he fitted a remote alarm immobiliser to replace the non working original one.

Hope to get a couple of days work on it soon to speed up things ready for the summer ......

Hi Dan, I hope you get you issues sorted. Have you got any pictures of the car as it is one of my favourite older Mercs.

A124 220 cabrio resto

Hi -some photos as promised ......

Last edited:
A124 220 cabrio resto

Electrician couldnt fix roll bar no star - independant or main dealer !

Attachments

• mercedes mbz 185 227.jpg
    mercedes mbz 185 227.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 161
A124 photos

More photos.....

Attachments

• mercedes mbz 185 231.jpg
    mercedes mbz 185 231.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 143
  • mercedes mbz 185 225.jpg
    mercedes mbz 185 225.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 139
more photos-sl 450

Might take the v8 sl out this weekend for a run.....
Give me some inspiration to complete the A124.......:rolleyes:

Attachments

• mercedes mbz 185 004.jpg
    mercedes mbz 185 004.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 131
both cars look nice. i wondered if u had problems with beeping noise from the roof on the w124

A124 cabriolet

HI -yes roof bleeps when it senses a fault- like the handles in the wrong position or something wrong with the roll bar system.

I have managed to get the roof and roll bar working with the exception of the roll bar only going up about an inch before it stops, then turn the ignition off and on and then another inch it goes up.

The roll bar lowers ok and works in co-ordination with the soft top.

Hope this helps?

gr8 talking to you

the battery disconnection for a few minutes trick worked, it is has reset no more beeps, or flashing light drove it round today with the top down, and no problems openning or closing.

like i said if u pass our way drop by:bannana:

That's great news - exactly what a forum is for. Thanks for letting us know

Hi DIno,

Where did you source your roof control module in the end mate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom