W124 Cabriolet Wind Deflector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tintinmt

I bought my E320 cabriolet without a wind deflector and I have been keeping my eyes open ever since for a used one without success (at a reasonable price). I'm not sure I'd use it much to be honest but it 'should' have one. I then came across this:-

Schätz-Tuning | Shop | Wind Deflector W124 Convertible | Wind Deflectors Convertible

Is this very close or identical to the original?

I bought an original M-B one at the start of the year.... I would they are similar to the extent that they fit on the car the same way and work the same way but they are defo different to look at, & are probably of a different quality with the original MB item being of a better quality...

For that price I would hold out for an original item....As they do come around from time to time. Note that summer is not the best time to look for one, as this is when everyone wants one.

like Dee-124CAB, I recommend you get the original, the others are just rubbish, i brought a classic additions one years ago , it was so bad i never even used it once.

best bet of getting one is on ebay , they come up on occasion when someone sells their car and forgets they had a wind deflector in the garage.

regards
boomtings

yes, hold out, i have seen a few on with a large variance on prices online.

ebay is best bet

Out of interest, if your car was specced with a deflector from new, you will have a different boot lining to those that weren't. Grooves were designed to enable the deflector to slide into the boot securely (in case you didn't know!). This picture shows the offside corner of the boot interior (not mine).

rightdeflector.jpg

Thanks. That looks a lot like the one from, Germany (I suppose it would wouldn't it!). Now I want one even more, yet the consensus seems to be to hold out for a genuine one.

Available on eBay

I bought an original from someone in Austria who seems to be able to find original ones. At the time it cost me £185 + £15 postage and included the bag. It was in mint condition
I thought I'd "lost" mine (which I bought in 2007) and contacted him yesterday and it seems he has another one.
His eBay name is AAA.
Here is the mail I received yesterday
========================================================
Dear chrisjones69,

hello.

thanks for asking.
yes, I have. include bag in the same condition and same price.
when you like it, please buy it via paypal to: [email protected] and please send me your mail adress and your postal adress.
thanks

rudi
----- Original Message -----
From: AAATo: [email protected]Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 3:53 PM
Subject: AAA hat eine Frage zu Artikelnr. 4288310 gesendet(Angebotsende am 21.06.10 20:29:45 MESZ) ? VW EOS WIND DEFLECTOR / WINDBLOCKER + BAG

Hallo AAA,

Do you have a Mercedes W124 Cabriolet wind deflector ?
I bought one from you in April 2007 and now I need another one !

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chris, Are you buying this yourself or saying that others should contact Rudi themselves.
Thanks, Malcolm.

Wind Deflector from Austria

I don't need another one !
So I suggest members contact Rudi themselves via his eBay ID

rgds
Chris

Having been in touch with Rudi today, there seems to have been coniderable inflation in the price since you bought yours!. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Your friendly MB Dealer??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom