W124 cabriolet ( your opinion ??!!! )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
£2-3k fora full respray
£1k for a new hood
£2-300 for a used interior
And however much the car needs mechanically

Such a shame this looks totally unloved. If the bodywork is that rough imagine the mechanical neglect. Sad really.

And its a 2.2. Well under powered for hauling that body and cabriolet body around. Believe me I had a 2.2 estate and it was gutless.

And its a 2.2. Well under powered for hauling that body and cabriolet body around. Believe me I had a 2.2 estate and it was gutless.

I had an E200 courtesy car back in the day from MB. It was bloody dire. All noise, loads of revs, little movement :D

Spot on. It has to be a 3.2 imo with all the bells and whistles too.

If all you wanted was to trundle gently around with the top down on sunny Sundays, it would be OK, but I agree, there'd be no great driving pleasure otherwise.

Not so sure it's abused, more neglected. It may well go to some chancer who will give it a quick cosmetic tart-up and put it back on sale at an inflated price in the Spring.

the interior complete selling for 2k euro granted in perfect condition and bodyshell now also selling for 2keuro

i doubt it will sell less than 3k as is

anything at these prices are steal restoring or breaking with the nos involved certain colour command more

It's such a shame to see a merc cabriolet in that condition.
Some people are heartless.

There's nothing wrong the the 2.2, it's a good car, buy it and keep it in the shed, it'll be worth a fortune in 20 years

There's nothing wrong the the 2.2, it's a good car, buy it and keep it in the shed, it'll be worth a fortune in 20 years

precisely because a friend of mine has white dog of these believed one of a handful left in original colour only one with sportline cloth interior in rhd (4k option) as they were supplied with leather as std. it happens to have 3k worth of plate on it/

he wants 4k for and he is wealthy enough to mothball it until it will be worth 10-20k when only one is left in rhd.

remember to make e36 car in white (none exist) you have bodyshell to do it too. it work close 5-7k broken no matter what is the condition of it. using e36 written off donor for mechanics body kit is extra they are very very rare

another thread i published here on their prices

these are latest prices in europe for w124 convertible which climbing in price

www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/mercedes-ne...rs-prices-presume-lhd-unsure-if-rhd-incl.html

the guy owns 350 slc 1971 lhd fully restored with 80k miles one of handful had he not changed colour of body and interior was told in auction could fetch upto 40k euro but because of the change will struggle to fetch 15k although a buyer bought 1973 450 slc bought 26k european intl auction so who knows

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom