W124 CAT and MUFFLER !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

///AMG55

Car
w124
Hello,

I have been successful to buy an H&R cup lowering kit and 15" toliman wheels! :rock:
Thanks to all the members who have helped!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

However, I failed to find some exhaust parts for my W124 230E. I am currently looking for a performance CAT and a muffler.

While searching on magnaflow website, I found this Full exhaust system especially made for my car.

Europe MagnaFlow - The Official Site of MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

From their measurements, the exhaust inlet size of my car is 5.6 cm which is around 2.2047 inches as per my calculation.

A member here recommended me to buy this CAT

Universal 53000 Series MagnaFlow Catalytic Converters

Since the exhaust inlet is around 2.2047 inches , should I go for the 1.75 , 2 or 2.25?

I failed to find a remus which is especially for my car. I only found this universal remus. I have no idea if it can fit.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/REMUS-UNI-Sp...prg=1011&rk=2&sd=181115108617&#ht_4134wt_1000

Since remus exhaust is very rare, I may be buying this magnaflow:

Europe MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Or

Europe MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Again, I am not so sure if the inlet size of around 2.25 inches (5.72cm) will fit on my car.

If I buy a magnaflow for my car, should I buy a hook and also the pipe that connects the resonator to the muffler?

I viewed some mercedes 300E, W202 C240, W202 C230, etc with magnaflows on youtube. I found that the magnaflows give a loud deep sound. Since I never heard a magnaflow exhaust in reality, I cannot judge the sound. However, I do not like the ricer sound and I hope that magnaflows do not have this sound! I am looking for a sound which is more or less quite like remus or supersprint.

I would be glad if anyone could help me :eek:

Thank you :thumb::thumb::thumb:

///AMG55

Last edited:
These will be products for LHD cars and likely won't fit RHD

Nick Froome

Will a W124 230E that's at least 20 years old really benefit from a from a performance cat or other fancy exhaust components ?

These will be products for LHD cars and likely won't fit RHD

Nick Froome

Nick

Living in the world of LHD, what's the difference between the RHD and LHD 124 exhausts?
Asking because when I installed the RHD dual exhaust supplied by TurboTechnics on my LHD C124 it was a straight bolt on.
Only thing that I can think may be different would be the down pipes ?

Thanks

Ed A.

I don't know. But here's a cat and muffler for you:

2041966526_cec57cbc40.jpg

Nick Froome

Nick

Living in the world of LHD, what's the difference between the RHD and LHD 124 exhausts?
Asking because when I installed the RHD dual exhaust supplied by TurboTechnics on my LHD C124 it was a straight bolt on.
Only thing that I can think may be different would be the down pipes ?

Thanks

Ed A.

Downpipes are usually shaped differently to clear the steering box on the RHD. From there on it should be the same. I could be wrong though.

Hello,

So I plan to buy a universal magnaflow muffler. ( one inlet with one or two outlets)
Can anyone recommend me the size of the muffler (length,width,height) I should look for? (I have a w124 230E)

I also need you guys to find those curved exhaust tips in the photo. Where can I find them? Thanks!
The only problem so far is that I doubt that magnaflow manufactures a box that has an inlet oulets completely at those ends as shown in the picture

x6msmu.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom