W124 ce amg body kit - where should I start looking for one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26392

So, as the winter draws closer I'm planning on retiring the car and preparing it for some body work repairs. In doing so and having scanned this site I'm thinking a nice amg body kit would be a perfect addition to my classic toy.

So, where should I start looking and is it acceptable to buy a rear bumper, then skirts then front bumper all separately as it seems full kits are like hens teeth... If so do I need to ensure they are all the same generation and how do I tell them apart?

Cheers
Scott

Dont you want a Gen 1 kit for your CE as opposed to Gen II?

I dont know. Its a 1990 300 ce so what generation kit would be correct for the car?

Scott

Really you need a Gen 1 to keep it with the years.

Gen 2 is for the facelift 124's. Sideskirts are the same for both kits re coupes

You could put the gen 2 on on yours but because of the CE grille that is not housed in the hood I don't think it will work/look right?

On the other hand I've seen plenty of facelift cars with Gen 1 kits or mixed bag with a Gen 2 front with a Gen 1 rear bumper.

There is a guy on ebay that makes replica gen 1 front and rear bumpers. I think he's based in the uk. Finding the fog lamps however may be tricky?

Last edited:
So. Shall i go ahead and get the g2 rear bumper and side skirts from the chap on ebay and seek out a gen1 front bumper then?

Scott

personally i dont think the gen 2 rear will go with the gen 1 front.

The other way works however!

And a generation 2 front bumper wont fit?

Scott

gen 2 bumper will fit.

Any generation AMG kit will fit on your CE. Its just a matter of what you can get your hands on and try to make it work.

Thanks for your help billy much appreciated.

So, finally. The rear boot spoiler. Do i need that too and us it a genuine item?

Scott

Try this chap for the gen 1 bumper

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/classifieds-general-sale/136200-amg-gen-1-w124-front-bumper.html

That boot spoiler on the car getting broken is not an AMG item. The real AMG item is the ducktail as janner mentioned.

Its a bit marmite for some. I used to hate it but its grown on me!

Typically the duck tail spoiler was married to the gen 1 kits, not many Gen 2 kits had this spoiler.

If requested then these would have been added on purchase for the face lift cars with factory gen 2. It didnt come with the duck tail as standard.

You get two ducktail versions:

One with a printed AMG logo (early) and one with AMG badging with merc star (late).

These spoilers are rare and fetch wonga. Also be careful if you do find one, make sure its a coupe one as the saloon one wont fit, boot lids are different!

My hunt for an amg gen 1 front bumper inc fog lights continues. Please contact me if you are aware of one.

Scott

So, there's one on eBay. 250 but I don't think it's genuine and minus the front fogs....

Hay ho. The search continues.

There is a c36 1997 amg being broken on ebay. Will that front bumper fit my 300ce w124?

Didn't think so. Thanks tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom