W124 CE coupe, window regulators / mech

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.Bison

Car
1990 W124 coupe, 1990 190E
Hi, have a nice CE which I'm putting back on the road but the front windows are holding things up as they are misaligned and seized slightly open!

Quick question
- are all W124 electric front window regulators/mechs the same or do I need to find one specifically for a coupe?

If not-

Could the saloon versions on ebay be tweaked to fit?

Last resort-
Anywhere other than a dealer who sell the proper part?

Cheers :D

To answer your questions. The coupe and saloon are different sizes. No they cannot be made to fit and work. Euro Car Parts do supply mechanisms for coupe's.

Thanks Ian, really appreciate it.

£120 though, ouch :( Will have to be though. Think the passenger side mech is ok on the bright side, just needs a new motor.

Try bargaining with ECP, sometimes you can get them cheaper. As an example I got one from them (for a saloon granted) for £38 :eek: and it had the Mercedes logo embossed on it.

Just checked, sold both of mine off the silver breaker from the start of the year.

Dependent on early this week I may well break the blue coupe I have been trying to sell. I'll take it up for test then see what to do. If so I will have two regulators and motors fully working order and they will be a hell of a lot cheaper than £120 each! The car is an'89 so should work for your car?

Hi thanks, maybe

At a crossroads whether to bother now though. Its a straight car (apart from the front wings :D) that runs very nicely but it is a base spec 230 with a cloth interior so wondering whether I should ebay it and find a better one before splashing cash

Last edited:
Hi thanks, maybe

At a crossroads whether to bother now though. Its a straight car (apart from the front wings :D) that runs very nicely but it is a base spec 230 with a cloth interior so wondering whether I should ebay it and find a better one before splashing cash

i have a nice spec early 300 ce that i was contemplating breaking, solely due to lack of interest, its far too good to break really

I think I might have emailed you about that car (light met blue?) after seeing it on ebay but assumed it was sold because didn't hear back?

Although it runs nice and is straight I'm just going to ebay this one. Don't mind a project but I want a 3.0 with a/c really.

Still might be interested in your car but will have to get rid of the one I've got now... will just bung it on ebay with a 99p start and let fate decide!

ive bought 4 of these in a 2 year space (2 for GFP3 & 2 for GFP2)

all from mercedes cambridge at £120 each as ive had 2 off fleabay and were both utter crap and did not fit, work or even look the same as the genuine one

my mate can fit one in 45 mins (first took 2 hours though)

he has been abducted by aliens so im having my latest one fitted this friday at swift in cambridge for £60 and that will be one more thing on the list of stuff to get fixed on GFP2 before i sell it

no its not sold. I'm gonna put it in for mot and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom