w124 central locking problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benster

Car
mercedes E220 estate
the IR central locking used to work but not for a few years, but this is whats happening now, the IR key fob won't open the drivers door or tailgate also turning the key in the tailgate or drivers door lock will only open those locks,
but if I open the drivers door from the inside all the locks will open but the pump runs for 15 or 20 secs and just as the pump stops theres a click from the tailgate lock which could be the suspect, if I push the button down on the drivers door they all lock and the pump runs for about 4 or 5 secs as I it should do.
I took it into a inde merc garage and I think they are a bit stumped, they said I need both the IR sensors and a IR control unit first, and then see if that works,the IR sensors are a bit milky but not that bad.
ive nearly got the car back to where it should be and this is one of the last things that needs doing so any help or insight would be much appreciated, sorry should of said its a 1995 E220 estate.

First of all Benster i would purchase a vacuum tester kit from ebay price £15-£20 you need one with these W124 to check out any vacuum fault you have . I would remove the remote central locking and get the normal operation of the central locking working first .Then go from there And you might have a slave on every door to pull down the buttons .But the cheaper set up use only one .

Benster this manual might help i dont have one on your engine .This is for the W124 -M103 - M104 . But will have some information in there .
Google search this for a free manual Like i say it might help with your alarm . Model 124 Maintenance Manual Index
Then look for item no 80 - Central locking . A lot of information on this is in there .

You can test if your fob is transmitting with your phone. You should be able to see the infra-red light flashing through the phones camera.

You can test if your fob is transmitting with your phone. You should be able to see the infra-red light flashing through the phones camera.
thank you for your replys, I will check them out, still think its the tailgate that's causing all the problems,so will carry on with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom