W124 Chrome arches!!! :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg

lol!!!!! :devil:

Just saw this thread. I think you should all stop being so snobby about chrome arches. They are a nice quick way to tidy up a trusty old W124. And I've just bought a w111 280ce coupe and that has chrome arches on it - and they are an original Mercedes part...

A fellow Londoner too Charles. First post, ever, at 01.35am, even the moon was over the yardarm!!.

Keep an eye out for his vehicle fleet. Probably all got chrome arches on.

BTW Sibubs nothing in my view of chrome arches is to do with snobbery. I just think they look wrong.

I am not in the least snobbish about chrome arches, but the majority are not high enough quality to enhance the cars, the W124 is a car that wasn't greatly chromed to start with - the pre-facelift cars more chromed, but the lower panels in plastic clash with chrome arches, and it does tend to signal that the car has a rust problem that is being ignored. That is a pretty potent signal that other things may be wrong too.

You're all wrong!! :)

800px-Mercedes-Benz_600_vl_silver_TCE.jpg

And my old w124 looked even better than the 600 with them! :devil: :devil:

Like the number plate - is there someone in your family called Teo?

I would venture that loadsa money=chrome has now been replaced by take a looka at my wad= wheels This is where folks clap far too large diameter "rims" with ultra low profile tyres on otherwise normal cars. While this may increase their street cred "to a certain demographic" it just looks plain silly to the majority. :dk:

Shall we have a look at what was under the chrome arches that were on my W124 when I bought it?

SDC10025.jpg

Not very much, so 2 new wings were needed.

Wheel arches

As some used to say in Northern Ireland. Never, never ,never !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom