w124 chrome shift frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
I compared the size of my w202 shift frame to the one on Antony's w124 coupé, it's the same size. A quick trip to the stealership and another mod is born...

1. stock!

w124frame1.jpg

2. Push down the panel next to the frame and a gap will appear, slip a coin in this gap to lever the frame away from the panel.

w124frame2.jpg

3. It's now come off...

w124frame3.jpg

4. Chrome frame from the SLK

w124frame4.jpg

5. Looks like it ought to fit, doesn't it?

w124frame5.jpg

6. Push it into place.

w124frame6.jpg

7. Stand back and admire!

w124frame7.jpg

8. Looks like it's original doesn't it?

w124frame8.jpg

Now all that's needed is the chrome rings around the dials for a more "complete" look.

Looks nice doesn't it :)

I wonder if you can get a tiny chrome surround for the mirror adjustment button just below.

I agree, chrome rings on the dials will finish the job off nicely.

Thanks for the mods Nick :)

--
Ant

Hi all,

If anyone wants one of these chrome shift surrounds I have one - brand new in the packet. I bought it for my CLK but because the centre console is shaped slightly it will not fit without leaving big gaps either side! ! !

£5-00 (what it cost) and it's yours.

Let me know

Cheers

Guy

measurements for the SLK chrome surround

can anyone give me the measurements for the chrome surround, inner measurements i.e width, length. thanks!

Guy, if you can bring it down to me, i will have it ;)

Ricky

Gizmo,

Do you still have it? I just bought a W124 and I reckon that would look the business in it. I am here in Ireland, so could it be posted over?

Cheers,

Sean

Have moved house since this post was put up - will hunt about for it and let you know if it surfaces.

Guy

cheers Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom