W124: Chrome Star on Steering wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you mean it wont physically work?

I would prefer a slightly duller shade on mine. My new steering wheel is new leather so not very shiney, whereas the airbag is. It looks OK but would look a bit better with a more matt black i think. The airbag and wheel in the saloon i have match fine as the wheel leather is older.

It wil bolt up with no issues, only it will be dark grey instead of black, and will look odd against a black steering wheel and dash.

i guess its hard to tell the real shade from the ebay picture.

I emailed the guy and offered him £30+P&P (its a 2nd hand airbag afterall), but alas he wouldnt accept :(

i guess its hard to tell the real shade from the ebay picture.

I emailed the guy and offered him £30+P&P (its a 2nd hand airbag afterall), but alas he wouldnt accept :(

The part number will be on the back of it.

Trying to get it for less than half price may have been a bit ambitious....

The part number will be on the back of it.

Trying to get it for less than half price may have been a bit ambitious....

possibly - but there are plenty on non-chrome star ones on there at that price. And you have to try ;)

I can always up my offer at a later stage, but i am exporing other sources at the moment.

I'm in no rush at all anyway. I'll also sell my existing airbag aswell so that will recoup most of what i spend on the new one.

Can you send airbags by post / courier ?? I was assuming they'd be classed as 'explosives'?!

Can you send airbags by post / courier ?? I was assuming they'd be classed as 'explosives'?!

hmmm, not sure if you are supposed to, but i've recieved a few in my time without problem - and also posted one.

hmmm, not sure if you are supposed to, but i've recieved a few in my time without problem - and also posted one.

Horray! I now have a chrome star airbag:

wheel038.jpg

Not a very good pic i'm afraid....

You'll be wanting a Fire Extinguisher next - with Mushroom carpet round it!

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

:D

LOL. My car came with one of those - sadly lost in time.

I have another fire extinguiser i got to fit in its place but looks bad without the carpet.

One of these days ;-)

Where'd you get it? I just ordered mine from Europarts. Its hard to find shipping to this part of the world

They won't care about the wheel, dealers love warrenty work, easy money.

If you do go airbag shopping remember about the 2 shades 9051 and 9B51 though as the wrong shade will look out of place :

http://cart.euromercmercedesparts.co.uk/index.php?p=product&id=2522&parent=0

http://cart.euromercmercedesparts.co.uk/index.php?p=product&id=1870&parent=0

Lighter and darker.

Short of placing the 2 different shaeds next to the steering wheel how can i tell which shade I need? does the plate in the engine bay tell you?

Short of placing the 2 different shaeds next to the steering wheel how can i tell which shade I need? does the plate in the engine bay tell you?

i think my new wheel is actually the lighter shade (i think). It has a more matt finish. Which is good for me as the steering wheel is also the ligher shade (i think!)

the old airbag i replaced was darker black than the new one and more shiney. The new one is black.

The chassis number will tell you.

Most W124 are the darker shade, while W202s which share the same bag tend to be the lighter shade.

Makes a nice upgrade, although there is one better:
airbagqo0.jpg

Chrome star and leather stitched airbag :bannana:

Last edited:
Makes a nice upgrade, although there is one better:
airbagqo0.jpg

Chrome star and leather stitched airbag :bannana:

LOL... must resist!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom