W124 Cold Centre Vents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vincenz

Car
W209 CLK 200K Coupe
I have recently bought a W124 Coupe and the centre vents only seem to blow cold air.

After havign a read of the manual and a brief search of the web I found the following article:

http://mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php?p=1982522

Which in a nutshell says that the centre vents were only used for cooling.

Is this right? Or complete balls?

The centre vents will only blow out fresh air unless it has the factory fitted option of aircon which means it will also blow out hot air.

The centre vents will only blow out fresh air unless it has the factory fitted option of aircon which means it will also blow out hot air.

are you sure?

my 124 estate has factory fit push-button climate control and it does seem to blow out cold air only and if you set it to be hot then nothing much comes out the centre vents at all, but they arnt cold.

my other 124 without aircon blows cold air out the centre vents all the time, so you need to close them if u only want hot air.

Cold air only out of our 2 but we only have AC not CC.

I dont hve AC or CC and my centre vents blow out cold air only. The side vents and footwell vent can blow hold or cold but the centre ones just cold. Its as it was designed Ive been told.

Cheers

I have owned 3 W124's, one was fitted with an aftermarket ac system and only blow cold air from the centre vents both my other cars including my current one has a factory fitted system and I get hot from the centre vents when the heating is on.

Actually I really like this configuration. It means one can get nice cool fresh air to the face which prevents drowsiness, yet warm cozy heat elsewhere.

I have owned 3 W124's, one was fitted with an aftermarket ac system and only blow cold air from the centre vents both my other cars including my current one has a factory fitted system and I get hot from the centre vents when the heating is on.

so if you put your heat on max and then put the blower fan on the highest setting, do the centre vents blow the same amount of air out as the side vents?

Yes the heat is more or less even and if I close the side vents then naturally the centre vents get stronger.

Yes the heat is more or less even and if I close the side vents then naturally the centre vents get stronger.

i'll mess with mine tonight.... never realy closed the side vents so dont know the effect. I know the centre ones dont blow cold if the heat is on, but i'm sure they dont blow as powerful as the side ones if its hot.

Thanks for the replies gents, I had read whilst searching that sometimes the diaphram (sp?) fails and causes an intermitted flow of air, but thats not the case with mine, its of constant flow rate but its cold.

Thanks for the replies gents, I had read whilst searching that sometimes the diaphram (sp?) fails and causes an intermitted flow of air, but thats not the case with mine, its of constant flow rate but its cold.

my centre vents dont blow cold when you have hot air on - however they dont blow as strong as the side vents - even if the side ones are closed.

they do blow strong when set to cold though.

This is on an estate car with push button climate control.

My non-aircon saloon blows cold in the centre vents whatever the heat setting and is strong all round.

both cars are acting normally as far as i can tell :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom