W124 cold start problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
post your chassis number -its on top of the dashboard starting with WDB124----------

WDB 124 023 2B 849 866

post your chassis number -its on top of the dashboard starting with WDB124----------
It isn't there on a 124 , it is on a plate on the slam panel and stamped into the metal either on chassis leg or bulkhead .

I wanted this morning to go under car and check OE numbers but can not due to weather.
I did checked internet for electric fuel pump,fuel filter and fuel accumulator but please have you got any suggestions where to buy those for reasonable price.
What is reasonable price for each item?

Thank You
You will probably get the filter from places like Eurocarparts , but I suspect the accumulator will be a dealer only item .

I just looked on ECP using the details of my 190E , which would have a similar fuel system , they list the filter at prices ranging from £24.99 to £38... , before the usual discount is applied . They have a range of filters , but I would only use either Bosch or Mann ( OEM ) . They don't list the accumulator , so I suspect that will only come from the dealer .

Be very careful when dismantling , all those little pipes and unions are VERY expensive from the dealers if any of them break .

Last edited:

SHOULD HELP WITH PART NUMBERS PART 38 A0004760521 or A0004760621 ffor accumulator
B47030000015.950516.png

I tried but can not find MB spare parts store or web site.
Please help.

Thanks

Just type in the part no to google
A0004760521
or second hand

Just type in the part no to google
A0004760521
or second hand
Thank You but l would like to buy new one.

Last time engine was running on Monday.
This morning on Outside Temperature Gauge was 14 C l just touch the key and engine starts.It was one second of cranking.
Is it possible that fuel accumulator or non return valve on fuel pump sometime hold the pressure for days sometime not.

Marjanov This is the - View attachment 99178Check valve
When I put ignition on l can hear pump for few seconds when it stops l turn the key to start the engine.Also l left engine running and check pump under the car it is fine and quiet.
Non return valve is not expensive l will change it first.

Thank You

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom