w124 coupe (95) - throttle body / MAF ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
..i thought looms are around the 800bills mark?

....if i read correctly

IF the car is still on the original loom then it is likely that it is shot and even worse it may have damaged the ECU.
I just had the loom on mine replaced by MB :eek:.
You need to start on a firm foundation and a good sound wiring loom with no shorts etc is fundamental to getting the car right.
Once you have changed this then you may find other parts need replacing but I would start with thw wiring loom.

wiring loom is 350 +vat. Ecu repair apparently is 4-500...

the only part of the loom that goes bad on your car is the lead from ECU to MAF, hence the wrong MAF signals as the loom melts and shorts the wires.

Very easy repair to replace that one lead to MAF.

There is a thread somewhere with a breakdown of the part codes for the Loom which will allow you to purchase just the parts u need as apposed to the whole loom at a higher cost. I will do some digging and try to post a link.

There is a thread somewhere with a breakdown of the part codes for the Loom which will allow you to purchase just the parts u need as apposed to the whole loom at a higher cost. I will do some digging and try to post a link.

I am not sure this is still the case. It would appear that MB have been rationalising W124 parts. The latest EPC seems to indicate that the range of wiring harnesses and associated parts has been reduced. There is still a repair section listed for the wiring harness but it is not clear what this comprises.

Since its such a fundamental part of the injection system affecting fuel consumption performance and idling/starting I would be inclined to buy a new one. There were wiring loom issues with cars around 95 and the internal throttle body wiring can also be prone to insulation degradation or the delicate wiper contact assemblies are prone to wear/damage--- you could get lucky with a second hand one --- or not.
Hi grober
I know this is an old thread, but i think you are a capable person who can help me fixing my idling issue on m111 v230 "96
if you dont mind, can i send you a private mesaage?
Since i cant find a good mechanic around me and i like to doing DIY things. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom