W124 Coupe Drivers door mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzwalah

Car
W212 E220 CDI Blue Eff 2010 & W123 230E 1984
Hi can anyone out there please direct me to any source of used drivers door mirror. Ive scoured the internet. any help would be greatly appreciated.

1995 E220 coupe

Thanks

Benzwalah

Electric or manual, I've got some spares.

Edit: :wallbash: there for a LHD car

Where is yours broken? It might be possible to use a saloon/estate mirror to repair it?

Where is yours broken? It might be possible to use a saloon/estate mirror to repair it?
Hi thanks for contact. Its undercover at the moment but I recall I could move it by hand and after some driving and a few door closes it droops again. I'll take the screws out and get back to you. However i'm interested in your crossover saloon solution can you please elaborate.
thnaks

Aren't the mirrors the same on all w124?

There is a spring inside the mirror that might have come adrift. I'll post pics later.

LHD and RHD different, I think. Certainly different on a W123.

Coupé and others are different too, if only the rubber boot being a different, more angled, shape on the coupé.

Maybe best to remove, study and repair. Many of the internals will be the same for all.

R

All W124 are the same .But some models, the nirror was electric , for both the driver , and passenger . Problems you do have with manual mirror is the sdjusting arm snaps off. You can repair them if you want to keep the existing mirror.The repair levers are on Ebay . Reason it snaps off is that the glass is not seating in the mirror case, and you can not adjust it enough with the lever to see to the rear so it snaps off ,,,ask me why i know this ..

Coupé and others are different too, if only the rubber boot being a different, more angled, shape on the coupé.

Maybe best to remove, study and repair. Many of the internals will be the same for all.

R
Hi Thanks

R
Thanks Ray,
I'll take it apart study it and then maybe buy a saloon one to swap bits if I can and get one that works.

All W124 are the same .But some models, the nirror was electric , for both the driver , and passenger . Problems you do have with manual mirror is the sdjusting arm snaps off. You can repair them if you want to keep the existing mirror.The repair levers are on Ebay . Reason it snaps off is that the glass is not seating in the mirror case, and you can not adjust it enough with the lever to see to the rear so it snaps off ,,,ask me why i know this ..
Thanks Optimus

My guess, why yours snapped. you were trying to see your rear wheels with the kerb and simply 'pushed it too far''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom