W124 Coupe, Modules under rear Seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IslanderRE

Hello All
The photo below shows the three electric modules which are located under the rear seats of my w124 coupe.
w124modules.jpg
[/IMG]

I have figured that the one under the passenger side seat is the module that controls the electric windows.
Merc Part # 202 820 09 26 (01)

The two modules under the seat on the drivers side I'm not too sure about.
The first one part # 124 800 21 48 I think is the vacuum unit as when I reconnect the battery, it seems to run and go through a kind of self test???????
The second module, part # 124 820 59 26 has been disconnected since I bought the car last year...... I've no idea what it is and I'm not 'brave' enough to connect it back up until I find out what it is for.

If anyone can confirm if I am right about these modules and what they do, I'd appreciate it especially the unconnected module.

Thanks all.

Grober,

That makes sense as it has an aftermarket alarm fitted that operates the central locking. The infra red button on the key does not work.

Do you know if their is a module for controlling the seat belt extenders and where it is located. I've checked and changed out all the fuses under the bonnet with new ones and still no movement form the extenders.
I do hear a 'Click' when I press in the upper door close button; the lower door close button turns out the interior lights.

Cheers,
Islanderre

OK sounds as if the aftermarket alarm remotes operate the CL now and the original unit is non functional [ either disabled by disconnection or broken] I believe the control units N42 and N43 for each seat belt extender are located beside their respective seat belt reels behind the side panels under the rear windows. The mechanics are often problematical- the small plastic gear teeth that drive the extenders often strip or the motors fail - most folks replace the entire unit. The previous owner may have even disconnected them since you can get by without them??

Thanks a lot for all the help grober.
I'll have a look next week when I get back to the car. Would be nice to get them or even one of them working!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Islanderre

Hi All

I have a 320ce 93 cabriolle. The left passenger seat belt started making a terrible noise a few weeks ago and now no longer extends/retracts the seat belt.
I have removed the entire unit and was expecting to replace the 2 cog wheels. On inspection the cogs seem fine as does the ratcheted mechanism along the extender arm. Before I go to the expense of replacing the unit and based on the previous posts I am now starting to suspect that the problem may be the control unit.
Grober mentioned in a post that the control units (N42 and N43) are what drives the unit.
What I would appreciate help with is:
What do I order, one of each for the seat belt unit or is N42 for the left and N43 for the right (or vice versa).
Would someone know the part number required to order.
Based on my belief that the teeth of the cogs etc seem OK, is my logic correct in assuming that it is the control unit? If I am n ot on the rigt track I would appreciate some guidance.
Many thanks in advance
IMD123

Have a look at this post which I did a while back.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/interior/75326-w124-seat-belt.html

One of the modules on the left, i.e behind the drivers side is the seat belt control module. I had problems with the seat belt extenders and when I removed the module and opened it up...it was full of moisture and all contacts rusted. I ordered a new one from MB 169 + VAT, fitted and it sorted out the problem.

Ash

Heres some more information.

The module is part number A 140 820 25 26.

Hi Ash

Thanks for the info, will have a look and see if I can locate the module and check it out.
Based on your reply I am correct in assuming you think it is the control module?

There are two styles of SBP control.
Early cars had the module mounted on the actuator assembly, later under the rear seat.
Modules also had a few different part numbers.
Best to use your VIN to get the correct and current part number.

Ed A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom