W124 cutting off k reg 1993

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fazzmerc

Car
Mercedes e220 w124
Hi Guys,

I have k reg 1993, 220e Mercedes w124 coupe I have noticed whilst driving on a hill it tends to loose power and jumps back to gear 1/2. With no response from throttle.

However whilst in idle mode (p) it revs perfect, fuel pressure and injector have been recently tested and that side seems good. Any suggestions to fix the problem please forward your views.

Also, mention if you've dealt with the eco-harness issue - replaced at all?
This can create issues that makes diagnosing problems near impossible, until the harness is replaced.

It might be an auto transmission/torque convertor problem when was the fluid /filter changed last? have you checked the fluid level/or for fluid contamination on the dipstick recently?

Could be a coil breaking down under load and or wiring breaking down. Are you getting a misfire?

Not on idle,shutters a bit can’t find the distributor cap engine code Is 111960

It might be an auto transmission/torque convertor problem when was the fluid /filter changed last? have you checked the fluid level/or for fluid contamination on the dipstick recently?
Did fuel pressure test that side seems fine.
Gear oil seems fine also.

Your car has a twin coil lost spark system driven by the ECU transistors which can go faulty -sounds as if your HT is breaking down under load could be the items in bold or the spark plug leads- the coils are sort of hidden under the inlet manifold. do a earch on here more more details on the m111 ignition

I’ve managed to fix the issues engine wiring loom was bad. Thanks for you help.
On another topic how easy to check boot lock. I have see. Some loose vacuum pipes under left seat

If your main wiring harness loom was bad (eco crap), you can be rest assured you will still have to address the eco crap in the TBA. There is no shortcut or quick fix, until this (also) has been addressed.

This is what i use ...well i have one but never used it yet ..it is just in case i need it . just over £13 . s-l160popppp.jpg00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom