W124 diesel wagon with manual gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YamahaSteve

Car
Land Rover
Hey Guys,
Completely new on here, so apologies in advance if this is a silly question;
Is there such a thing as a right hand drive W124 diesel wagon with 5 speed manual? If so, I'd like to get one. Not fussed if its the 2.5 litre or 3.0 liter.

Many Thanks

Steve

They did come in manual but not many were sold in RHD. Manuals were a lot more popular on the continent. The late Indian builds came with a manual box and the 2.5 diesel not sure if they came in wagon form though.

They didn't. You will find a W124 300TD manual if you're patient. They're out there, just rare and often neglected.

You'll have plenty of time to practice the hokey cokey while you're waiting. A foot operated parking brake with a manual gearbox proves the Germans have a sense of humour!

Hello ! My 2 cents answer that makes sense , I think. :) My LHD W124 - 250TD (= 2,5l diesel - but no turbo) -1992-527000 km ( = 327000 ml) has a manual 5 speed gearbox + reverse . I don't see why you couldn't install the same gearbox on a RHD.
But I think that concerning the W124 RHD wagon, MB sold only the 300 TD turbo ( = 3 liters engine) with the automatic gearbox in the UK .
If you are dreaming about a 2,5l diesel engine model with the 5 speed gearbox, the only easy option you could be sure off in order to get one is to buy a second hand LHD wagon ( = kombi = break = van) on the Continent and bring it back to the UK !
ps: I enjoyed driving more than once my oldtimer between Brussels-London- Exeter always with great pleasure. :cool:
Some samples of second hand MB W124 Wagons sold in Germany -->> : Gebrauchtwagen | eBay Kleinanzeigen
Another site -->> here --> https://www.mobile.de/
Hope it helps you !!!!!! Cheers ! 🥂 Ciao !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom