W124 Door Handles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepper&boulou

Car
Volkswagen Passat V6TDi estate
Does anybody know of anything that can keep the door handles black? (I'am assuming they where originally) As I have tried various cleaners including back to black& STP son of a gun, which does work for a short time (couple of days) then they go back to being very light grey. :crazy:

Last edited:
Have you tried Armorall Spray (available from Halfords) - it treats the plastic instead of just being a spray on type remedy - and with repeated use should restore the blackness. I find its pretty good.

S.

sym said:
Have you tried Armorall Spray (available from Halfords) - it treats the plastic instead of just being a spray on type remedy - and with repeated use should restore the blackness. I find its pretty good.

S.

Hmm, I might give that a go too then. I tried Autoglym tyre dressing on mine, didn't work too good!

So good you won't have to have your handles colour coded then Sym?

Actually - I originally bought the stuff to use on the interior of my Accord Type R - but did use it on the black handles before I swapped for colour coded, and it did a pretty good job on the MB too !

S.

**EDIT** It's good on tyres too !

Linky

Last edited:
Cheers Sym I'll give that a go. :D

Try either the Mer bumper and vinyl dressing, it works well. Alternatively try some rustproofing wax rubbed in well. Honestly it will not be sticky and it will stay on more or less permanently.

Went to Halfords today it was heaving , They hadn't any amourall spray just the tyre foam ,so I got the Mer exterior vinyl and bumper dressing . it seems very good , I tried some on the dash which was a bit faded and WOW it's now like new and very shiney. Thanks Dieselman :D

Attachments

• merc resized 2.5.JPG
    merc resized 2.5.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom