W124 door hinges - how to fit onto door

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
Hi

I have bought a 2nd hand door from ebay. It came with the hinge removed and appears to have just holes where the hinge went, without threads.

Does anyone know of any tutorials on how to fit the hinges on...? are there backing plates with the threads? Access to the top hinge looks limited/impossible so i'm worried.

I have my old door still on the car (with hinges fitted) so can transfer stuff across if required. Obviously i'll need the hinges themselves.

Am I safe to take them off the A panel? or am i better off leaving them attached to keep alignment more simple?

You will find that all secondhand doors are empty of the parts needed .Removal from your own door is the way to go. The plate will be inside the old door and bolts go through from outside to the threaded plate inside..It can be heavy to hang with all the parts inside. Me, i would take it all out ,window as well to make it lighter to fit on .Main thing is you need help to do it , and mask off the wing or door ,wth anything to protect it from damage as your fitting it on. You can do it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom