W124 E200 Washer/Wiper Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danielw124e200

Car
E200 W124 Estate
Hi Guys,

Someone might know the cause of this:

Background:

I have a W124 E200 estate which has its own washer liquid bottle and pump located in the back end. When I went to use the washer to clear the glass it wasn't working so upon investigation it turned out that the rubber grommet which the pump pushes into needed replacing which has now been done and no further leaks.

Problem:

However after filling the bottle back up pressing the rear wash button on the center console does nothing nor does the rear wiper functions. I couldn't find any other sensors on the bottle its just basic.

What I have done:

I have checked the fuse (the same fuse serves the automatic antenna up and down motor which is working) and its fine, I swapped the washer motor from the rear to the front and it works good. I've tried measuring any voltage from the motor plug on the rear washer motor and nothing on that. If I leave the rear window wiper button on and then close the boot it then moves a few inches which is a bit strange. I have a feeling it could be a bad earth but don't know that for sure as the wiring hasn't been damaged.

I thought its worth asking before going any further, because right now I am a bit stumped. Any advice would be appreciated.

Daniel

Might be the switch and also worth looking at the N10 relay. Its at the front of the relay box. It certainly caused some very strange behaviour of the front wipers when ours packed up.

Might be the switch and also worth looking at the N10 relay. Its at the front of the relay box. It certainly caused some very strange behaviour of the front wipers when ours packed up.

Thanks for your reply. I'll check this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom