w124 E22 throttle not smooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

833steven

Car
mercedes-benz 124 E 220 cabriolet
w124 E220 auto 1994 millage 17500 miles cabriolet problem ideas anyone.Tick over in park approx 800 rpm and as you depress the throttle pedal the engine responds as it should with a increases in revs smoothly with very little play .WHEN I DRIVE revs drop to about 600rpm and depress the throttle with no response for the first inch and then suddenly larches forward as the rpm jumps from 600 rpm to about 1100 rpm no gradual increases any ideas have fitted new cable with only a slight improvement . thanks for reading steve

Sounds like the throttle body flap is sticking. As you press the pedal and the cable moves the flap gets left behind then suddenly unsticks and moves to where the cable is now positioned. Grab a tin of throttle body cleaner and give it a spray and wipe around. Lube the linkage while you're there as this may also be a factor.

thanks this seems to have cured it but tick over is low at 500 rpm in driv and 750 in park and no adjuster screw onnly on throttle cable adjustment

Hmm. See if you get any change by removing the air filter. The 750 doesn't sound horrible but 500 in drive is too low. Quick check of the OVP fuses as this little bugger is involved in all sorts!

its a new air filter but i am seeing cracks in the wire plastic coating so it looks like new loom soon this might be the problem will have to have a look see who's doing looms

its a new air filter but i am seeing cracks in the wire plastic coating so it looks like new loom soon this might be the problem will have to have a look see who's doing looms
Si-Leck are the guys to sort out the loom for you. I had one done for a friend, fully rebuilt engine loom for a 300ce, approx £500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom