W124 E220 damp passenger carpet.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLMILLEMIGLIA

Car
Old Merc
Really odd, I drive this car in all conditions but yesterday I noticed the front passenger floor carpet was slightly damp. I was in heavy rain the other day, parked out in the rain but all windows and roof are completely water tight.

I checked the air intake under the windwiper arm-cam and is clear. The floorpan of the car is corrosion and damage free too. Any ideas where and how this water could be coming in out of the blue?

Could someone post images of the drain points to be kept clear in aW124 to prevent damp front carpet wells please.

Send me your email address via pm and I'll send over the official MB document on this subject.

The most important imho are the two at either end of windscreen, under the bonnet hinges, as these tend to get blocked with leaf debris and general matter. The two at the corners of the leading edge of the sunroof are also good candidates for being blocked, but unlikely to cause damp carpets.

Send me your email address via pm and I'll send over the official MB document on this subject.

The most important imho are the two at either end of windscreen, under the bonnet hinges, as these tend to get blocked with leaf debris and general matter. The two at the corners of the leading edge of the sunroof are also good candidates for being blocked, but unlikely to cause damp carpets.

Thanks! PM done!!:thumb:

Just sent the drains doc that another member sent to me. Hope it helps.

Gave you cleared the drains at either end of the windscreen? if not, get some curtain wire and push it through. Mine were solid with organic matter, probably rotten leaves.

The bungs/grommets on the scuttle for the wires going from the engine bay to the cabin are another primer suspect. Arrange the wires so water will run out of the cabin, but not into it.

Good luck finding and fixing the leak.

Just sent the drains doc that another member sent to me. Hope it helps.

Gave you cleared the drains at either end of the windscreen? if not, get some curtain wire and push it through. Mine were solid with organic matter, probably rotten leaves.

The bungs/grommets on the scuttle for the wires going from the engine bay to the cabin are another primer suspect. Arrange the wires so water will run out of the cabin, but not into it.

Good luck finding and fixing the leak.

Could you send me the .doc as well please? I have checked the main drains by the windscreen, refitted the windscreen itself, checked the sun roof drains and water is still coming in!

I am about to loose my patience with this project...

Greg

PS sorry for high jacking the thread.

Hi Millo777 have just sent you a PM
Kind regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom