W124 E220 looses power /stall when quickly accelerating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richus

Car
W124 E220
Greetings,
I had moving rpm problems before and have changed Wiring Harness. Had connected everything back and now car stalls/loses power when hitting accelerator pedal quickly. If i press pedal slowly everything works fine.

Anyone have idea what could be the issue? Everything before changed harness was fine no issues with stalling, but now after changed it stalls :(

All the best :)

Look at the throttle position sensor. Get this plugged into diagnostics to see what codes are there.

Sounds as if you have a problem with your throttle body. The plate may just be sticky and needs a clean or there may be an internal problem with its wiring/ insulation. Has your car got an electronic throttle pedal or cruise control? Check the connectors where the wiring plugs into the ECU also.
this is off an M104
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Look at the throttle position sensor. Get this plugged into diagnostics to see what codes are there.
Got errors about:

CKP sensor or magnet for position sensor not recognized

un Self-adaptation at idle speed or upper/lower partial load at rich or lean limit

Sounds as if you have a problem with your throttle body. The plate may just be sticky and needs a clean or there may be an internal problem with its wiring/ insulation. Has your car got an electronic throttle pedal or cruise control? Check the connectors where the wiring plugs into the ECU also.
this is off an M104
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I got two errors

CKP sensor or magnet for position sensor not recognized

un Self-adaptation at idle speed or upper/lower partial load at rich or lean limit

No electricl pedal or cruise control. Very stock configuration for car

I believe the part no for the throttle body you have may be A0011410225 BUT CHECK THE LABEL ON THE UNIT ITSELF. Replacement units are very expensive but some companies offer a rebuild service if you send your unit to them. I SUGGEST YOU CONTACT THEM FOR ADVICE AND PRICE??
Mercedes - VDO EMTV (7025) (with cable) - A0011410225 - ACtronics LTD

DON'T UNDERSTAND "CKP crank position sensor not recognised" as the engine wouldn't normally run without it ---maybe an old fault?

Last edited:
I believe the part no for the throttle body you have may be A0011410225 BUT CHECK THE LABEL ON THE UNIT ITSELF. Replacement units are very expensive but some companies offer a rebuild service if you send your unit to them. I SUGGEST YOU CONTACT THEM FOR ADVICE AND PRICE??
Mercedes - VDO EMTV (7025) (with cable) - A0011410225 - ACtronics LTD

DON'T UNDERSTAND "CKP crank position sensor not recognised" as the engine wouldn't normally run without it ---maybe an old fault?

My throttle body is A0001419295. I thought the error is old, but i deleted it and it came back. One day i had to drive a little bit forwards i put in gear drived and car stalled. And my car is not starting anymore - when cranking tachometer moves and I can hear that something misfires/explodes while doing it but car is not starting. I measured CKP sensor and it have 800ohms, went through whole wiring harness and each wire is in correct place. Any ideas? :(

Not starting would point to no crank position signal for the engine ECU. If you have renewed the wiring loom--- either the crank position sensor is faulty or perhaps the sensor or ecu plug pins have poor/ wrong connections? I have pins 29 [screened] and 30 on ECU plug 2 as CPS connections but may different in your model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom