w124 e220 to 230k engine swap, (m111)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is the car a right hand drive? I tell you why as I looked into placing a V8 into my w124 but after much investigation realised it would not fit due to the steering box and front cross member? I am now looking to go for a 3,6 L as this can be placed into the car with much ease.

It is a right hand drive.

would a 96-97ish c230k m111 work?

less ecu things to worry about, or will i still run into the same problems?

As long as the motor has the same connections in terms of sensors and the gearbox is not a newer one i dont see it being a problem. At the end of the day an engine is an engine but the sensors control the function, timing, firing and performance of the motor. Anyway that is my view and am open to correction. Just find a motor have a look at yours see where all the sensors are and do a comparison. Hope this is helpful

Steven:Anything can be done but I might cost a bit.There's a chap that fitted m119 to a RHD W201 so it can be done

It is a right hand drive.

would a 96-97ish c230k m111 work?

less ecu things to worry about, or will i still run into the same problems?

That would work but you need to get a donor car to make sure you have everything you need.

It is a lot of work.:eek:

As is the case with all modifications, if you have the time, money and inclination then go ahead and try it. However, I would research until your comfortable with beginning the mod. If you become unstuck and experience serious problems you need to find a solution or risk having a car that doesnt run at all. :thumb:

so it has been a while since i have been able to post but i have not been laying idle. i have fully reprayed my car, sorted out my audio system and many other bits. more importantly i have brought a e320 coupe for £700 :bannana:.

i just have to wait for the weather to pick up so i can do the conversion from m111 220 to the m104 320. i will keep you posted.

I managed to spend a weekend on the car and the engine from the 220 is almost ready to come out, just need to unbolt the propshaft and the engine ready to come out.

One concern i do have about the wiring is that there an electrical component on the 220 just below the MAF which i cant see on the 320, (it awkward to describe, but has 4-5 wires going into it (yes, i know thats not very helpful)). apart from that i think its going well. and should be done within another 4 working days, so thats about 4 weeks, as i only have sundays available.

I started a new thread for it:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/127215-m111-m104-conversion-e220-e320.html

The car itself is almost finished now, there are a few things to finish up, but as i have my finals (pharmacy exams) now i have stopped working on it. The car itself works, and although there is a little issue with the idling i use the car daily, (about 20mpg :( ). Drives alot better now with more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom