W124 e280 285/35/18 & 255/35/18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukather

Car
E280
hi everyone back for a little info...

do the above SL600 wheels and tyres fit on my W124... been looking without much success..

does anyone know the offset of these wheels..

thanks

No,they`ll fit but they stick out

thanks thats that idea out of the window..

are there any 18" mercs that will fit straight off.. ta

The ones for the Sclass will fit as dash mentioned but the width and ET (offset) may be all wrong for the 124 fitment

Personally the maximum 'within' tolerance wheel fitment on the 124 would be 18x8 ET 31.

Ofset is very important, rule of the thumb: the lower the ET number the more the wheels would stick out of the arches. This can be compromised of course by the width of the wheel. Depending on the look you are trying to ahcieve the ET and the width of the wheel should work in tandum.

If your 124 isnt lowered on 18x8 wheels you could get away with a 225/40 tyre,

you have more 'play' on the rears with regards to width on the 124 than the front. You could probably just and i mean just get away with an 8.5inch rear if your rear fender lips are rolled and tucked away assuming you are low. But you will need an ofset of 35 or 40

ideally 7.5 ET 35 on the front is perfect.

i just recently put my wheels on but i had to do a bit of trail and error stuff before i got it right.

As mines is lowered to stop any rubbing and full lock scraping on the arches i firstly got someone to roll all four fenders and changed the 225/40 to a 215/40 tyre.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom