W124 E280 stalling- help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darreningram

my E280 has 170000 miles on clock- runs fine, very smooth- then all of a sudden it will just stall- starts again then stalls after20 secs- leave it for a few hours and then it is fine- runs for a bit then same again- it has had new OVP relay, MAF and fuel pump- please help or I’m scrapping it! Any help always appreciated

my E280 has 170000 miles on clock- runs fine, very smooth- then all of a sudden it will just stall- starts again then stalls after20 secs- leave it for a few hours and then it is fine- runs for a bit then same again- it has had new OVP relay, MAF and fuel pump- please help or I’m scrapping it! Any help always appreciated
Assuming this is a w124 from the early nineties, the engine bay wiring loom and the wiring of the ETA must be suspect. If the MAF has been replaced, then the short section of loom leading to it may have crumbled internally with handling - this is easy and cheap to check and if necessary fix. However replacing the loom and ETA is neither cheap nor especially easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom